Wednesday, September 1, 2010

My Whirlwind Trip to France


            Sorry I didn’t blog yesterday, the Starbucks I usually use was having trouble with their wifi and I wasn’t sure where I could find another one near me.  Anyway, here is my belated account of my whirlwind trip to France.
            So the trip started off smoothly enough except for the fact that when I checked in I only got 3 out of 4 boarding passes so I had to get another from an attendant who kept calling me “Beth” which was pretty strange considering she was holding my passport at the time.  My flight to Heathrow was delayed because some guy checked three bags and then got lost in the terminal and didn’t make the flight so they had to find his bags and take them off the plane which took a while and was very irritating.  Once we got off the ground we got breakfast which was pretty awful…airplane scrambled eggs should never happen (thought I doubt that there were any actual eggs involved).  Thankfully I had brought my own breakfast.  Parenthetically, while you are allowed to bring a grapefruit on a plane but they frown on eating it during the security video.  The flight was otherwise uneventful and we got to Heathrow in time for me to have a little lunch before my next flight.
  
That is a vegetarian bento box and it came with a little bottle of soy sauce and collapsible chopsticks that were pretty cool.  Another cool thing that I saw in Heathrow was an elephant!

(I know it isn’t real but it was cool nonetheless)
My flight to Paris was uneventful as was my stay in the airport.  This was all I saw of Paris:

The rest of the day was pretty much a rehash of the morning’s activities with lots of sitting and reading and chilling out this time with more French.  One interesting thing I discovered is that French airport employees will try to joke with you in French even if you have indicated that you do not speak any French.
I was very glad when the day ended and I got to go back to the apartment.
Love ya!

2 comments:

  1. These must be the elephants Austin's son Oisin was talking about. They are really beautiful. Do you know what it is made of?
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it was made of resin or something, it didn't feel like plaster which was my initial guess but I am not sure

    ReplyDelete