Saturday, September 4, 2010

So I was playing with my Stats page...

...and I found out that I had 117 page views from the US (yay for my fellow yankees), 10 from the UK (not sure who those are, maybe me? maybe my family here?), 2 from Canada (could be from when dad was there a couple weeks ago?), and one from Israel that I am completely at a loss to explain...I don't know anyone from Israel who would check out the blog...maybe they came by accident?  Whatever the circumstances they came they didn't stick around very long, they only checked the blog once.  Just some interesting information.
The really exciting news is that I have had 504 total page views!  Thanks guys, its nice to know I am not shouting into the ether, to know that someone is actually reading my ramblings (and that its not just my sister and my mommy looking at it).
Anyway, to make a long story short,
Love ya!

2 comments:

  1. Hi, Eliza

    Your Israeli hit is probably due to the wonders of Google. Some Israeli wanted to find out if anybody from Scotland had ever pitched for the Yankees or something, and Google coughed you up. The tubes of the internet are full of weirdness. Bad Attitudes got a hit today from Kazakhstan. Go figure.

    Don't know how sophisticated your hit counter is, but mine (http://extremetracking.com/) is free if you put their logo somewhere on your page. It gives you the IP number of every visior, along with the location, the browser and operating system used, and lots of other weird stuff. The most entertaining feature is a world map with pins marking the location of each visitor. With Google map, you can zoom in right to street level, practically. Can't quite see people and cars, but buildings and streets are easy to make out.

    Sounds as if all is well. See you at Thanksgiving and till then,

    Love,
    Grandpa

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just use the hit counter provided by blogspot, it is pretty good but not as sophisticated as yours sounds. It doesn't give the IP addresses, just the country, but that location thing sounds cool (albeit a little big brotherish).
    I am really looking forward to seeing you at thanksgiving!
    Love,
    Eliza

    ReplyDelete