Sunday, August 29, 2010

Alone in Edinburgh

Hello,
So this is it...the week I have been dreading/looking forward to all summer...I am on my own.  It is pretty strange to be all by myself in a strange city but I am proud to say I am handling it rather well (in my humble opinion).  I have been exploring the shops around Edinburgh (and especially near campus) and reading and relaxing in our apartment.  I did some shopping today and bought a pair of grey skinny jeans (I know I was shocked to but I liked the way they looked) and a couple presentable sweaters (it has been cold here and I wanted some sweaters that looked a little more professional/grown up than the ones I have now).
I am working on a few picture heavy posts for next week (I have to edit all my photos and get them all ready to go online) and a HUGE post about all the shows I saw so those should be exciting (I hope).
Other than that it has been a rather boring couple of days alone (thought I have made friends with a lot of people who work in the shops here)
Tomorrow Paris! (for three hours, because of stupid visa laws)
Love ya!

5 comments:

  1. One of those boring trips to France? We all feel your pain right there! Is it nice to have a little down time after you ran around frantically over these past few weeks?

    ReplyDelete
  2. So I want to see pixs of these sophisticated clothes. Thanks for the update on your timing back from Paris (it does sounds very cosmopolitan..Rochester eat your heart out)

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS
    I am really looking forward to fringe pictures

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Eliza, sounds like you are having more fun than we did yesterday. We spent most of Sunday afternoon/night sitting in the car for MANY hours trying to get back to Southborough from Kenenbago! Did you know that the last weekend in August was the heaviest travel time of the whole summer??? I didn't!
    Have fun!
    Love, Aunt Laura

    ReplyDelete
  5. We are looking forward to monitoring your first year abroad! It sound pretty tough to have to bounce to Paris and back in a day...

    ReplyDelete