Friday, August 13, 2010

Shenanigans In Airports

Hello,
            So we have arrived in Edinburgh (but not without incident), yay!  We were driven to the airport by Hannah’s dad and her sister Sophie.  When we got there we checked my bags (which were not overweight!) and went to security and this was when things got interesting…I just got new socks and I hadn’t worn them on slippery floors before and I wiped out in front of the x-ray machine thing (I almost took the bag scanner with me but thankfully I was able to catch myself) and all the security people judged me.
            Once we were on the plane things seemed to be looking up but I couldn’t sleep (perchance I was a little excited…) so when we landed in Paris I was seriously out of it.
            We arrived in Paris and were given confusing directions and had to take a bus from one part of the airport to the other.  I was very tired at this point and a little slap happy and I think all the people on the trolley (who weren’t on our flight) were rather glad to get off and get away from my jokes (my pride will not allow me to repeat them here but if you want to know, ask Hannah, she didn’t have the luxury of being able to leave early).  Eventually this got us to the correct part of the terminal with 20 minutes to spare when we were forced to go through security again.
            This was bad, first I failed the metal detector and had to get frisked then the guard decided that my backpack was somehow suspect and took everything out.  Even after emptying the bag they didn’t seem to find what they were looking for so they gave it up as a bad job (at least that is what I think, my French is a little rusty).  I was finally given back my stuff but I didn’t have time to put it all back in the pack because they were calling the last call for our flight and we had to race to the gate with my stuff falling out everywhere to make them plane but when we got there all we found was another sort of trolley bus that took us to little strip of tarmac where our plane would leave from (needless to say I embarrassed myself again here, I don’t do very well when sleep deprived, but thankfully most of the other passengers were Scots and therefore kindly ignored the antics of the crazy American girl).
Love ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment