Thursday, August 26, 2010

London: Day 2

Hello,
Our second day in London was a little less crazy than our first; we started things off with a breakfast with my mom's Aunt Ruthie who gave me lots of contact information of friends and family should I need it.  After breakfast we went to Camden Market and bought some pretty Indian textiles and a few little statues and things to furnish my room with (pictures to follow, you see I forgot my card reader and thus have no way to get my pictures from the camera to the computer)  We also bought my sister a headwrap and a jaunty pinstripe fedora (which she has not taken off since we bought it).  At Camden Markets we also found a really cool ice cream shop that uses liquid nitrogen to flash freeze the ice cream to order, which was super cool (haha, get it? [I am so sorry but I couldn't resist]).
After our day at the market we went to dinner with mom's cousin Austin and his kids which was a lot of fun.  Georgia and Austin's kids got on famously (based partially on a shared love of hats and greek mythology) and I knew they were kindred spirits when the eldest told us that they were "all great bibliophiles".  We had a lovely time in London (but we like Edinburgh better) and are getting ready to go home on the train today (and maybe buy me a mobile [cell phone for my fellow yankees] from the store near the train station).
Tomorrow we are planning an Ikea trip to get a few more dorm essentials (and to compare and contrast with the Ikea at home).
Love ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment