Sunday, October 17, 2010

So I need your help...

Hey y'all,
There is a photography contest for international students here and I am planning to enter but I would love your help picking a photo.


The official rules are as follows, "send us a photograph of something which encapsulates their idea of :"I *heart* Edinburgh.  Edinburgh will be your home for the next few months or years. Send us an image that sums up what Edinburgh means to you - maybe it is your favourite place, or a view of the city/university which reminds you of your time here. It could be your friends, the place you live, a building - something serious, funny or quirky. If you love Edinburgh - show us why."


And now for the entrants (there may be more as I take them):


Photo 1:  (I had some fun playing with the editing on this one so there are a lot of versions)


edit A


 edit B

edit C


edit D

edit E


edit F (this one is just for fun)

Photo 2:

Photo 3:

Photo 4:

Photo 5:


Let me know what you think!
Love ya!

8 comments:

  1. Dear Eliza,

    I like Photo #2. I like the way it is composed--the way it is rigidly constricted by the frame of the stone wall(?), but the view itself is expansive. And the cannon inserted into the image is neat, it looks like a camera lens too. That's my two cents. But it certainly looks like there are a lot of reasons to "Heart" Edinburgh. Love, Aunt Chat

    ReplyDelete
  2. my vote is photo#1 edits b,c,or d (whichever you think better conveys the feeling of edinburgh)


    all of the options are nice though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like Photo 1 edit a or Photo 2

    chels :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Babe: I like photo 2 the best, although i am wondering if there might be something cool from the camera obscura museum roof top?
    mom

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like photo 1, edit one. I also like the: "Hey y'all"!
    -Love you extremely muchly, Georgia

    ReplyDelete
  6. I also like the one with the boxing dancers. I think that that (that that, hehe) says "Edinbugh" very well!

    ReplyDelete
  7. ohh... and edit f (I know it's just for fun)!

    ReplyDelete