Friday, October 8, 2010

Oooph...(how do you spell that sound is it ooph or oof or something else entirely?)

This has been a long week...it has also been one of those weeks that lead me to believe all the crazies who think that we only exist on someones dream.  If our live are dreams my life (at least this week) was dreamed up when the dreamer fell asleep in front of an I Love Lucy marathon (I'm Lucy but with consequences...and without the red hair).

This week has felt something like a montage of me being late to things..lectures, tutorials, dinner, you name it I have rushed in all sweaty just as things are about to get started (and a couple times after they have already started, but lets just pretend that didn't happen).

This week I have managed to; get olive oil all over my notes and the inside of my book bag (a word to the wise, don't put your groceries in with your books no matter how much of a pain it is to carry them), break a glass, loose my glasses (I found them eventually but there were a few tense moments), and break one of the spare batteries for my camera.  (Whenever you next see me DO NOT allow me near your valuables, Scotland has apparently turned me into a one woman wrecking machine.)

Above: a memorial to all the inanimate objects lost this week
(or you know, a gravestone in Holyrood Abbey, whichever floats your boat)


Despite what my apparent wonton disregard for my property might indicate I am doing well here, I am just really tired and in desperate need of a weekend (lucky me then, right?  You know seeing as one is coming up and all.  Sorry my jokes are so bad, I am really tired.)

Anyway, sorry for the lack of posts this week, I will make it up to you I promise!
Love ya!

2 comments:

  1. I love the picture of the memorial to inanimate objects that are lost!

    I had a hellishly complicated immigration/customs/and transfer of planes in Jakarta for Sumatra and it made me think how of you and Hannah. Nothing of the process from purchasing visas to getting new boarding passes was made even slightly obvious. You guys were very brave to take on the Paris airport (and Hannah alone on her complicated return!). It says alot about your resourcefulness.
    Love you Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Eliza, this is Eve. You sure do sound like you've had lot's of problems this week. On Friday, my sister is going to see you on a plane.
    Bye

    ReplyDelete