Saturday, March 19, 2011

Long overdue flat photos

Just let me preface this by saying these were taken very hastily late at night (we were in a hurry because our landlord had to preform his evening prayers and the current tenants were there so things were a little awkward).

Here is our front door (we are on the top floor so you can't see our windows but that is the door):
 This is the stairwell, which is the first nicely lit stairway area I have seen in an old building since I got to Edinburgh:
 This is the first thing you see when you walk through the door (excuse the mess, it isn't ours) a large 70s chest of drawers type thing and then this hallway which is inexplicably covered in magazine pictures (which are going to be the first thing we get rid of, they are really ugly)  the second thing we are going to do is get some more lamps, the place is very dark and gloomy (hence the blurry photos). 

The kitchen, the door is on the right of the fridge (it is painted with blackboard paint which is really cool) and to the right of the door there is a sitting area with couches and armchairs of which there are no photos because the current tenants were sitting in it.
 The kitchen has the usual accouterments, stove, oven washing machine...

 ...scary looking hot water heater/broiler thing
 If you look at the hallway picture the doorway where Nikki is sitting is going to be Naomi's room and my room is just out of frame, I was really rushing at this point and didn't get too many pictures of the layout but here is what I have.  This is my desk and the built in bookshelves above it (they are the reason I chose this room) where I am standing taking the picture is directly underneath the skylight and the door is just out of frame on the left side of the picture.  Behind me is my bed which is a (queen sized) loft bed which I did not get any usable pictures of :(

 However, I did get a photo of this wardrobe which is under the bed (this thing is massive, as tall as I am and as wide as the bed)  you can see the bed's supports and the underside of the bed behind the wardrobe.  I am thinking about putting a comfy chair under the bed as well just to the left of this picture so that the room has a little more seating.

Anyway, hope you all enjoyed that little tour, sorry about the quality/quantity of the pictures, once we have fixed it up I will take you on a proper virtual tour of the place (and some roomie photos, I know you want to see them but I have to ask permission before I just go around photographing people).

Love ya!
(and for some of you I will see you soon!  I'm heading home on Tuesday...ack, gotta go pack! [hehehehe, that rhymed])
(also the spell check correction guesses for hehehehe are hilarious "Scheherazade" anybody? [also, nerd points to anyone, other than me, who knew who Scheherazade was without using google]  How about "vehemence" or perhaps "Bethlehem"?)

5 comments:

  1. do i get nerd points for knowing what that means! Heres the Wikipedia definition link thing-majig:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scheherazade

    ReplyDelete
  2. You only get nerd points if you knew before you looked it up on Wikipedia!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh... well... can I get nerd points for being your sister?
    Or... being the only one in my class who remembered how to do traditional mult.?

    ReplyDelete
  4. OK, I will give you nerd points for those things, but not for the Scheherazade thing ;P

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for posting such a useful, impressive and a wicked article./Wow.. looking good!

    Kitchen Equipment

    ReplyDelete